Monday, February 23, 2009

Susan's Shower

2 friends of mine and I hosted a baby shower for our friend Susan at my house on Saturday. Susan is the one whose wedding I decorated for and directed back in August of 2007. She is due March 31st. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of Susan, but here are pictures of some of the things we made for the shower.

Here is the cake that I made. A friend (who decorates cakes) was supposed to make it for me but she got the flu last week. So I had no other choice but to try to make it myself. It is not real GREAT but it was my first shot at decorating a cake.

















Here is Susan's gift from me:
The wreath that I made for the door:

















And here is the diaper giraffe that Me, Mona, and Monica made:


3 comments:

Heather said...

My goodness you are crafty!!!! I don't think I could do 1/8 as good as you did with that cake. it's amazing!!!

Tigerlilly said...

You're one talented gal! Love the things you made. I'm the most UN-crafty person, lol. That gene skipped me apparently. I come from a long line of crafty-type women.
The cake is wonderful!!
I will have my results tomorrow afternoon - I'm glad to hear your IUI went well. When will you be getting yours? Do they test ya on a certain day, or do you have to wait for a missed period?
I want this month to be the best, for both of us <3

JEff said...

That cake is absolutely beautiful! And, I love the basket of goodies you made - impressive!