Monday, November 24, 2008

For Melissa

Melissa,

Please email me at bethflanagan79@yahoo.com

To try to answer your questions I need to ask you a few....

1) How long are your cycles? If you are using an OPK you should start testing around cd 11 or 12. 18 is WAY to late.

2) Where do you live and are you using an OB/GYN or a Reproductive Endocrinologist?

3) About clomid and trigger. You most definitely can use clomid and take a trigger shot that same cycle. After we realized that clomid wasn't going to work for me I moved on to Letrozole, which is basically the same thing as clomid but works differently. The first IUI with Letrozole I used an OPK before the IUI. I got pregnant on that cycle. The other Letrozole/IUI cycles I used a trigger shot. My RE would do vaginal ultrasounds to check my follicle growth until ovulation. When he thought I was ready, I would trigger and then have the IUI 36 hours later.

I know how hard this is for you and not having anyone who can relate can make this even harder. Please know that my husband and I are praying for you and feel free to ask us questions ANYTIME!!!

No comments: